When booking a play session, our visitors agree to Lets Pretend's terms and conditions.
- Lets Pretend is a Role play centre where the parents or guardians accept full responsibility for the supervision of the children in their care. Lets Pretend staff cannot be asked to supervise any child for any reason.
- Children of all ages are welcome to play, but the centre is specifically designed for young children (0 – 9 years). Older children may need to be made aware that some of the resources are not appropriate for their use, e.g. cars that are too small for them.
- Any child must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Even though your child may be able to play independently, you should stay nearby to ensure that resources and other visitors are treated with respect.
- Bookings can be made in advance online only.
- Play sessions last 90 mins each, the times of which are listed on our website. If you join a play session already in progress, you will need to leave at the end of that session, even if you have not been there for the full session. It is your responsibility to arrive on time for your session. If you miss your play session or part thereof, refunds and transfers will not be available.
- Lets Pretend reserves the right to close the whole or part of the play centre at any time if deemed necessary for the security and safety of guests and staff. Customers will then have a choice to either re-book their places or receive a refund.
- The entry price includes admission only. Refreshments can be purchased separately in our café.
- Optional extra activities and events will be charged in addition to the usual entry price.
- If you have not pre-booked, you run the risk that the play session may be fully booked when you arrive. In such cases, we would not be able to accommodate you, as pre-booked places have priority.
- Entry prices are listed in GBP on our website . We may change these at any time without notice.
Transfers & Cancellations
- All Lets Pretend bookings are non-refundable.
- Although bookings are non-refundable, a booking can be transferred to another session with 24 hours notice, Transfers of any pre-booked places are transferrable with a minimum of 24 hrs prior notice to the start time of the pre-booked session; no refund or transfer can be made with less than 24hrs notice.
- There are no exceptions to this rule. The transfer policy applies in all circumstances, even difficulty locating a parking space, roadworks or traffic incidents, adverse weather or illness.
Groups , Childminders & Parties
- Group, childminder or party bookings need to comply with all rules
- On booking a party, a non-refundable deposit of £50 is payable.
- Payment is accepted via cash or bacs transfer.
- There is no need to arrive early for your party as everything will have been taken care of. Please allow staff the time to clean and tidy after the preceding play session
- Party food is only to be consumed at the tables. No food or drink is allowed in the play areas.
- Adults are responsible for ensuring that children’s hands and faces have been wiped, if necessary, before re-entering the play area.
- If older children are invited without their parents, they are the responsibility of the party host or designated adults who should ensure they treat our resources and guests with respect.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Only food and drink purchased in the cafe may be consumed on-site. (Baby food is the only exception)
- To prevent the spread of infection, children who are unwell or who have been unwell must not visit the centre for 48 hours after recovery. Refunds will not be given, and transfers require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice.
- If a child or adult visiting Lets Pretend is sick or infectious during their visit, they must leave the premises immediately or will be asked to do so. No refunds or credits will be offered in such cases.
- Persons causing wilful damage to the play centre facilities will have to pay for any damage caused.
- Only food purchased on-site may be consumed at Lets Pretend
- No food & drink or chewing gum is permitted in the play areas.
- Smoking is prohibited inside Lets Pretend, and this includes the use of e-cigarettes.
- Please also see our ‘Rules of play’ poster displayed in the cafe.
- Please contact us if you or your child has any allergy, disability, medical condition or other additional need that may impact your visit to. We will endeavour to put in place any appropriate arrangements to cater for your and their needs.
- Special arrangements will be made under management’s discretion.
- Customers are permitted to take photos of their children. Please avoid taking pictures of other people’s children.
- Lets Pretend cannot be held responsible for any images posted on to a public website or social media platform without prior permission from the persons in the photograph or their guardians.
Security & Safety
- Customers should keep all valuables with them at all times.
- Customers bringing personal belongings into Lets Pretend do so at their own risk.
- Lets Pretend accepts no liability for any loss or damage to visitors’ belongings.
- Lets Pretend accepts no responsibility for any items left in the pushchairs or coats during visits and accepts no liability for any loss or damage to them.